FEYNLAB® CERAMIC LITE is an easy to use, durable, slick, hydrophobic paint coating that will provide a high level of gloss to enhance any paint. It is extremely simple to apply with superb durability proven by 60,000+ real world client vehicle installations.
FEYNLAB® CERAMIC LITE is the legacy technology of our chief FEYNLAB® scientist. He created the first ceramic coating over a decade ago. That coating has been continually improved and is now available to the market exclusively as FEYNLAB® CERAMIC LITE.
Ceramic Lite is classified as our entry level coating due its extreme user friendly application method. ‘Lite’ designates the coating contains a lower solids content than our traditional offerings. However it still packs quite a punch in the durability and performance departments.
FEYNLAB engineers, manufacturers, bottles, and ships all products in-house. Therefore, we can offer a consumer grade product at a reasonable cost since we have cut out the price inflation of the traditional two and three tier distribution models.
Ceramic Lite Benefits:
- CERAMIC LITE is the most economical and simple to apply ceramic nano coating in the FEYNLAB® family.
- The performance allows installers to offer this service to customers at a price that is extremely competitive with other coating brand price points while equaling or surpassing those other brands in terms of performance.
- Simple installation, with a friendly wipe on wipe/ wipe off application.
- A hydrophobic surface, which easily out performs all traditional waxes and sealants.
- Surface versatility – Ceramic Lite may be used to protect most vehicle exterior surfaces. Check the approved surfaces below.
- CERAMIC LITE provides a coated vehicle with an impressive combination of ultra-slickness,
- durability, gloss, and hydrophobic properties.
- FEYNLAB’s® true nano technology and bonding chemistry allows for an unparalleled level of protection since the formula penetrates further into the existing paint structure than anything else available.
Durability & Approved Surfaces:
APPROVED SURFACES FOR APPLICATION ONLY: – DO NOT apply to unapproved surfaces
- Clear-coated painted surfaces (see warranty terms & conditions for approved manufacturers &
- vehicle types
- Black textured plastics (test if unsure)
- Headlights & Tail-lights
- Black piano trim
- Clear-coated painted wheel rims & calipers
Unopened – 1 year.
30ml (1oz) FEYNLAB® CERAMIC LITE (enough for 1 mid-sized vehicle)
Always wear respirator & gloves during application. Ensure application area is free of loose contamination.
Thoroughly clean vehicle surface using FEYNLAB® PURE WASH. Follow with a topical decontamination clay treatment using FEYNLAB® HEAL PRIME. If necessary, use a ferrous iron removal product to remove all embedded iron deposits. After polishing paint to desired level, remove all polish oils using FEYNLAB® PANEL PREP to ensure optimal bonding and durability of the coating.
Prior to application place vehicle in a well lit, temperature controlled 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), & contamination free environment. Have plenty (6 or more) new microfiber towels, 2 or 3 microfiber applicators on hand BEFORE application.
Once the vehicle is prepared, it is strongly recommended to tape off and protect all unapproved surfaces. This minimizes the risk of etching by the solvents in FEYNLAB® CERAMIC LITE on unapproved surfaces. Avoid these surfaces with CERAMIC LITE and wipe off immediately if any product accidentally finds these surfaces.
Shake CERAMIC LITE vigorously for 2 min before use. Open the bottle and allow the coating 1 min of air exposure.
CERAMIC LITE Application Instructions:
- Apply enough CERAMIC LITE to a microfiber sponge applicator to fully cover a single panel such as a door or half a hood.
- Make a “+” (plus) sign with product in the middle of the panel, then wipe around the boundaries of the section creating a frame.
- Next, fill in the framed area with slightly overlapping straight lines from left to right over the whole area and then repeat now creating up and down line. This cross-hatching ensures an level application.
- Due to its user friendliness, CERAMIC LITE may be applied to the entire vehicle before removal.
- After application, step back and look for any areas missed or those with excess product. If found, smooth out evenly with the applicator sponge. This will ensure even drying across the panel and minimize excess product usage.
- Allow CERAMIC LITE to dwell on the panel a minimum of 15-20 min, until it is about 75% dry. Dwell time may vary depending on humidity and temperature. * Humid Climates 75%+ = Shorter Dwell time.
- To test removal readiness: lightly swipe a small spot with a gloved finger and looking for a clean swipe. If the swipe reveals a clean trail then remove, if the swipe smears then allow it to dwell longer. Repeat swipe test again in 2-5 min increments to determine wipe times.
- Wipe off CERAMIC LITE following same pattern of application, using a clean microfiber towel.
Recommended Maximum Area of Application:
ENTIRE vehicle, then wipe off in same pattern as application.
Note: If using CERAMIC LITE on black textured plastics, perform a simple wipe after 1-2 min to ensure even application and wipe clear if you see any residue or uneven areas.
Be sure to carefully inspect all finished panels for any leftover coating residue (high spots) during the final wipe. Commonly edges, emblems, and other tight areas may contain some remaining residue. High spots are much easier to remove if caught within a 20-40 min window after the final wipe, than later when the coating has set and curing has started.
Although one layer of CERAMIC LITE is sufficient to achieve the one-year warranty on clear-coated paintedsurfaces, another coat may be applied to any area to gain additional thickness (such as the hood or front bumper).
To layer CERAMIC LITE, wait at least an hour after final wipe off of first layer. For best results and performance wait 1-3 hours between second later. Do not wait till after 3 hours as cloudiness will result.
Infrared Curing (Optional):
Bake each panel with an IR lamp @ 60°C (140°F) for 15min at a distance of ~30-36″ from the panel.
Post Application Instructions:
- Avoid any incidental water exposure for 24 hours. If it occurs, gently wipe water off the surface.
- Avoid all chemicals including car washes for 7 days.
- If the vehicle must be released in wet conditions before 24hrs after the final coating, then apply FEYNLAB® DETAILER after 1-2 hours of curing time.
- Wash & Maintain Paint Regularly using FEYNLAB® PURE WASH or FEYNLAB® PURE RINSELESS.
- Climate Notes:
- All FEYNLAB® Coatings are subject to different dwell and curing time windows due to humidity and temperature. In General, the higher the humidity level the quicker the coating will cure. If humidity level approaches 75% or higher then consider lessening the recommended dwell and wipe times for the coating.
If possible apply coating in temperature controlled environment 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), with humidity as low as possible.